Saturday, August 23, 2008

Typography Tabletop

I was, at first, worried that this was a lame reproduction, but it turns out these are one-of-a-kind tables made by a craftsman with a huge collection of old poster-sized wooden type. It's called an Alpha Coffee Table -- here's a detail of the top:

I don't much like the steel base, though; the beauty in the wood type should be augmented with a nice cherry structure. I would like to have one, but its pricetag is (deservedly) high. I guess one of these days I'll have to get crafty and build something out of the wooden type I've got in my basement!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a waste! That's so painful to look at. there's other ways to keep your drink off the floor than to ruin rare sets of wood type poster fonts.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home