Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tips To Write a Book

You may already know that the reason my blogs have suffered for the past 18 months is because I'm writing a book. I don't have much to say about it just yet, because I've done a lot of research, but I don't exactly know what it's about yet. Some days I freak out over that fact, afraid that I cannot actually write something until I already have it all figured out, but I do my best to keep on track. The best thing lately that lets me stay on track is to hear about how many successul authors get their books written. They pretty much all boil down to: write even if it sucks, freakouts are normal, and books take a really long time to write do don't give up.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Bowers said...

I learned this past week that the average person writes 4 books before they get published and the average age of publication is 52. The next day, I met a young man who at 19, published his first book. He is now writing book 3 in that trilogy. It will be released as soon as he finishes it. Look at the author of The Help. Her book was rejected 60 times. Her family thought she as crazy to keep perfecting her manuscript and submitting it. If she had given up after 20 tries, or 30, then we would never know the amazing story she wrote. it was finally accepted at try number 61, then spent years on the New York best seller list. It's in theaters now and outselling Harrison Ford's movie in the box office with her. Amazing. Ever author has a different story. So stay the course.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home